Hair Extensions Care & Maintenance
- Use a soft bristle brush to brush the hair extensions starting from the ends, mid-length and then the root area. Be careful when brushing this area.
- Try to minimise the use of heated tools such as hair dryers, straighteners and curling tongs - when using this equipment remember to always avoid the root/bond area.
- Beauty Works will not be held responsible for ant hair that has been heat damaged by the customer so always use a heat protector.
- Avoid using styling products that contain wax, oil, silicone and excessive alcohol around the root area as the ingredients may cause the bonds to disintegrate and micro rings slip out.
- At bedtime, braid hair into two side braids to prevent tangling and matting at the root area.
- Brush all tangles out before shampooing your hair extensions. We recommend salon grade shampoos and conditioners.
- Lather the shampoo on your hands before applying it to your hair and gently run the lather through to the ends. There is no need to scrub the hair extensions excessively as this will cause matting.
- Even the best hair needs to be well nourished, so let the conditioner sit and soak into your hair extensions.
- Thoroughly rinse out all products, paying particular attention to the root area.
- Hair is at its most vulnerable when wet, so remember to dry your hair on a low heat straight after it has been shampooed and conditioned.
- Use a wide-tooth comb to comb out any tangles or knots remembering to avoid the root/bonded area.
- Use a deep treatment once a month to keep hair extensions soft and shiny.
- Use a gentle clarifying shampoo every 2 to 3 weeks to clear product build up. We recommend salon grade brands.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine water as it is very drying and can discolour the hair extensions.
- Wear a hat in the sun as hair extensions can be discoloured in the sun and heat.
- Any hair extensions that have been coloured are at the customers own risk as the results can be unpredictable and damaging.
- Not everyone is suitable for hair extensions, we recommend a professional consultation for every individual.